Essential RequirementsTo be eligible to apply for a role as a wholetime Firefighter you must:
• Live in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland at the time of your application.
• Be aged 18 years or older by the commencement of the wholetime Firefighter training course.
• Possess a full, valid UK, EEA or EU driving licence with no more than three penalty points.
• Be prepared to undertake a Disclosure Scotland basic criminal records check.
• Be eligible to work in the UK.
• Possess a level two qualification in English Language and Maths such as grades A-C GCSE or GCE O level, grade one CSE or OCR level two.
There are certain qualities that make an effective Firefighter. Take a moment to answer the following questions honestly:
• Are you genuinely interested in people and able to get on with people from different backgrounds and cultures?
• Are you committed to promoting the safety of your community?
• Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
• Could you work under pressure to support your colleagues?
• Can you think on your feet to solve problems, react flexibly and use your initiative?
• Would you be able to deal sensitively with members of the public in difficult and emotional situations?
• Would you be able to take the responsibility for representing a professional service?
• Are you committed to always maintaining and developing your skills?
• Do you enjoy working in a job where there is lots of change and improvements?
• Are you prepared to follow instructions from others?
• Are you prepared to work unsocial work patterns, which will include night shifts, weekend work, and public holidays?
• Are you dependable and can be relied on to do something?
• Are you prepared to commit around 85 days of your life to your initial training, with no time off for holidays?
• Are you prepared, at emergency incidents, to work for several hours in difficult conditions without a break?
Still interested? Find out more about our wholetime Firefighter recruitment process.